Mini ExRx Lecture Series
This group of presentations is designed to address specific points quickly and clearly in an applied manner.
Here are a few excellent papers going over principles of theraputic exercise prescription. I highly encourage reading them.
Optimal Loading Principles
These articles are essential reading for determining dosage and understanding the thought process behind it:
Energy System Development
While this is often ignored, maintaining requisite competencies in athletes is vitally important.
Here are some of the handouts I have made to give out to patients and physios.
- Strength and Conditioning: Biological Principles and Practical Applications
- Strength and Conditioning for Sports Performance
- The Physiology of Training for High Performance
- Essentials of Strength and Conditioning
There are many other great texts but these give a solid foundation.
My Relevant Blog Posts
Here are some of the key areas that I have written about around therapeutic exercise.
Set & Rep Schemes
Mladen did an amazing job on this article. It should be required reading.
Strength & Conditioning Principles Database
This is an exhaustive database of information on principles of exercise prescription. Chances are you that you will find your question answered in here.
- Balancing training load with tissue capacity.
- Mel Siff on PNF as a training system and a must read article on functional training
- Hangout discussion on clinical exercise prescription
- Sports Kongres – incredible resource from last year that will likely be updated.
- ASPETAR – not much more needs to be said. You will find something relevant to what you do.
- Return to Play – First International Sports Physiotherapy Conference – November 20-21, 2015, Bern, Switzerland